Oriental Chicken Salad That Tastes Just Like Applebee's
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. smooth and spicy deli mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 lg. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lg. egg
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. crushed corn cereal
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lg. head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 C. red cabbage, chopped
- 1 lg. carrot, julienned
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1/3 C. crisp Chinese noodles (chow mein solid)
Blend the first 5 ingredients in a blender until well combined.
Cut chicken into small strips. Coat in a mixture of the egg and milk. Then coat in a mix of the flour, cereal, and spices. Fry at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until outside is crispy and the inside is cooked through.
Toss remaining ingredients in a bowl. Top with fried chicken and serve.