Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Slices With Orange & Fresh Thyme
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 2 trimmed, peeled lbs.) -- cut into 1/8 inch- 1" thick slices
- garlic clove crushed through a press
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C. packed parsley sprigs
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves stripped from the stems, or 1/4 tsp. dried
- 1 strip (about 1/2 x 2 inches) orange zest -- (use a vegetable peeler to remove)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Select a large nonstick sheet pan at least 1 4 x 10 inches. Combine the sweet potato slices with the garlic and the oil in a large bowl; toss to coat with the oil. Bake, turning the potatoes once or twice as they begin to brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven. Meanwhile, finely chop the parsley, thyme and orange zest together; sprinkle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are tender, turning them once. Serve hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.