P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
15 min preparation + 10 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 oz. chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 C. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 6 oz. bamboo shoots, cut into strips
- 6 oz. wood ear mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. white vinegar
- 6 oz. silken tofu, cut into strips
- Cook chicken strips till done. Set aside.
- Bring stock to boil. Add soy sauce, white pepper, bamboo, mushrooms and chicken. Stir. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- While cooking, in separate bowl combine cornstarch and water to make slurry. Add slurry a little at a time and stir until thick.
- Add eggs while stirring and cook for 30 seconds or until eggs are done.
Turn off heat. Add vinegar and tofu. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
Around The Web