Panda Express Orange Chicken
15 min preparation + 30 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- jasmine rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt white pepper oil
- 1/2 C. + 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1 Tbs. gingerroot, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed hot red chili pepper
- 1/4 C. green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs. rice wine
- 1/4 C. water
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Orange Sauce for Stir Fry:
- 1 1/2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs. water
- 5 Tbs. sugar
- 5 Tbs. white vinegar
- zest of 1 orange
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
- Stir in egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- Stir cornstarch and flour together.
- Mix flour mixture and egg mixture.
- Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees.
- Add chicken, small batches at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add and stir-fry crushed chiles and green onions.
- Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds.
- Add orange sauce ingredients and bring to boil.
- Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth and add to chicken.
- Heat until sauce is thickned.
- Stir in sesame oil and orange zest if desired.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
Around The Web