Papaya Passion Crumble
Serving Size / Yield
- Cooking spray
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 papaya cut into 1” cubes
- 1 C. flour
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 1 C. quick oats
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cut open the passion fruit, scoop out the seeds and pulp. If using only the juice, strain using cheesecloth or strainer.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sliced papaya with the passion fruit juice (add pulp and seeds, if desired)
4. Arrange papaya on the bottom of the baking dish. Scoop the remaining liquid/pulp/seeds over the papaya.
5. In a large bowl, use a pastry cutter to combine flour and brown sugar. Add the butter sliced into 1” slices.
6. When the mixture looks crumbly but mixed, add the oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
7. Sprinkle the flour/oats topping over the papaya.
8. Bake about 20 minutes.
Submitted by: Mary Ostlund