Pasta with Mint and Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. cut pasta, like ziti or penne, or long pasta, like linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbs.), cut into pieces
- 1/2 C. chopped mint leaves
- 1 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. When it boils, cook pasta until it is tender but not mushy. Drain pasta, reserving about 1/2 C. of cooking liquid. Toss pasta in a warmed bowl with 2 or 3 Tbs. cooking liquid, the butter, mint and half the cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve, passing remaining Parmesan at the table.
Yield: 3-4 servings