Serving Size / Yield
- 1 3/4 C. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. sour cream or yogurt
- 1 1/2 lb. peaches, peeled and diced (about 2 large)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 C. chopped almonds, toasted
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Line muffin cups with muffin papers or spray tins with cooking spray. Sift first five ingredients into large bowl. Whisk sour cream or yogurt, peaches, egg and vanilla to blend in medium bowl. Add sour cream mixture and almonds to dry ingredients and stir just until combined; do not over-mix.
Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 10 regular muffins