Peaches & Cream Dessert
- 1 16-oz. pkg. pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 3-oz. pkg. peach gelatin
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 12-oz. can lemon-lime soda
- 1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. confectioners' sugar
- 1 8-oz. carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 C. fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1/3 C. unsweetened pineapple juice
In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. X 9-in. dish. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and cornstarch; stir in soda until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Spread over crust. Combine peaches and pineapple juice. Arrange over cream cheese layer. Pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.