Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie
- 1 1/4-oz. envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 C. warm water
- 1 12-oz. jar seedless strawberry jam or raspberry (you can also combine the 2 jams)
- 3/4 C. peanut butter
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C. confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pre-baked (9 or 10-inch) pie shell or graham cracker crust
- roasted peanuts, for garnish
Sprinkle gelatin over the water to soften and let stand for 5 minutes. Over very low heat, warm the mixture in a small saucepan, just until gelatin is dissolved. Do not boil. In the work bowl of a food processor, add jam and process to break up the chunks. Add gelatin mixture and process until smooth. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Very gently fold in the thawed whipped topping.
To assemble the pie: Add 1/3 of the jam mixture to the bottom of the pie crust, spreading with a spatula to smooth. Add half of the peanut butter mixture evenly over top. Top with another 1/3 of the jam mixture. Add the last half of the peanut butter mixture. Using the back of a spoon, make dips and swirls in the top mixture. Drizzle the remaining jam in and around the swirls in a decorative manner. Add small groups of roasted peanuts to the top, in and around the peanut butter swirls and in the jam. Chill for several hours before serving.