Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Belgian endive (optional)
- 2 ripe pears, such as Anjou, Bartlett, or Comice
- 2 ounces mild blue cheese
Place all your greens in a large bowl, then add the red onion, pear, walnuts, and blue cheese. Toss to mix evenly. For the dressing, combine vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender. Make sure it is blended until creamy (this should only take a minute or so).
Pour dressing over your salad mixture, and toss so that greens are evenly coated. Serve immediately so that your guests can enjoy their salad fresh and crispy.