Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz. best-quality dark chocolate, chopped, or 2 cups best-quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. margarine (try your best for a good natural brand)
- 4 eggs
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. Osem Matza Cake Meal
- 3/4 C. chopped, toasted walnuts or pecans (12-15 minutes in a preheated 325-degree oven)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the chocolate and margarine in a small saucepan over very low heat or in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. In a food processor or with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and mix. Add the flour and vanilla and mix, pulsing until just combined. Pour the batter into a greased 12-inch square pan (or any pan of a comparable size) and bake for 35 minutes until the top is barely firm. It will set completely with the residual heat sticking to the pan. Chill before cutting, so you can cut them neatly. Store refrigerated in a sealed container. Makes about 3 dozen.
Shared by Levana Kirschenbaum for Osem.