Pecan-Sweet Potato Appetizers by Pillsbury
45 min preparation
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 C. pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3/4 C. red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbs. apricot preserves
- 1 8 oz. can Pillsbury® refrigerated garlic butter crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 C.up crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Pierce potato with fork; place on microwavable paper towel in center of microwave. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until tender. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Peel potato and cut crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch) slices. (Refrigerate any remaining potato for another use.)
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat sugar, water and red pepper to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; gently stir in pecans until coated. Spread pecans on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil, onion and preserves over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle in half crosswise; press each piece into 4-inch square.
- On each dough square, place 1 potato slice, 1 rounded teaspoon onion mixture, 2 teaspoons cheese and 1 tablespoon pecans. Bring up 4 corners of dough over filling to center and twist at top. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Around The Web