Penne and Arugula Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 garlci clove, minced
- 3/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1lb. penne pasta
- 1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more for pasta water
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 C. chopped arugula
Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the pasta and cook until tender, but still firm to bite. Stir occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp.salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, fresh herbs, and 3/4 C. olive oil. In a large bowl toss the pasta with half of the salad dressing with salt and ground black pepper, as needed. Toss and serve.