Penne Pasta with Lemon and Basil
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 oz. penne pasta
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- juice of 1 lg lemon (3 Tbs.)
- 1/4 C. shredded fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Boil the pasta according to package directions until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the pasta water.
In a medium pot, heat oil and garlic for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, half of the basil, half of the parsley and the reserved pasta water. Remove from heat. Add cooked pasta and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Fold in the remaining basil and parsley. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.