Penne Pasta with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pepper
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 box penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lg. red pepper
- 1 lg. yellow pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (snap the ends off)
- curly parsley, for garnish
In a bowl, toss the shrimp in the lemon juice and the garlic. Saute in olive oil until cooked. Set aside. In the same pan, saute the red pepper and asparagus until tender.
Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Add the shrimp and vegetables and toss with some olive oil. If desired, add some Parmesan cheese. Add the parlsey and serve.