Perfect Pasta Salad With Butternut Squash
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. box pasta of your choosing
- 1 C. butternut squash, roasted and cubed
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 large sprigs of parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 C toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped (Dressing)
- 1 T. red wine vinegar (Dressing)
- 5 T. fruity olive oil (Dressing)
- 1/4 C. red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (Dressing)
- Salt and pepper to taste (Dressing)
To make the dressing, place garlic, red wine vinegar, fruity olive oil, red bell pepper, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until completely pureed.
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Cut the squash in half and place in a baking dish with enough water to cover the bottom. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes. After the squash has cooled down, peel and cube. In a large pot, boil water to cook your pasta of choice until al dente. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Place in large bowl and toss in dressing. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well. Serve room temperature or cold.