Perfect Pot Roast Recipe
- 3-5 lb. chuck roast or rump roast
- 1 McCormick or Schilling Bag 'N' Season for pot roast (if roast is 4+ lb. see note)
- 1 1/2 cans low sodium beef broth (if roast is 4+ lb. see note)
- 4 oz. tomato sauce (optional)
- Enough carrots peeled and cut on the diagonal to cover the bottom of the crockpot Enough quartered potatoes to cover carrots and more if you need more potatoes
Place pot roast on top. Pour liquid mixture over the roast. Cover and cook low 8 hours.
Flour the roast and sprinkle with onion powder, then brown in a little oil in a pan before placing in crock pot. If you are home, let it cook one hour on high then put on low.
Note: If roast is 4+ lb., use 2 McCormick or Schilling Bag 'N Seasons and 2 cans low sodium broth.