Perfectly Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lb. chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, and wings)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 Russett potato, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley, chopped
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
Heat the oven to 415 degrees.
Arrange the vegetables in a single layer at the bottom of a deep cookie sheet or baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, olive oil, herbs, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce.
Brush chicken parts with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place on top of the layer of vegetables. The chicken juices will baste the vegetables.
Bake until the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees, about an hour and fifteen minutes. Let the chicken pieces rest on a serving platter topped with aluminum foil for fiteen minutes.
Stir the vegetables around and bake them for ten more minutes. Serve on the same dish.