Pierogi and Sauerkraut-Slaw Casserole
- 1 16-oz. bag shredded cabbage mix for coleslaw
- 1 16-oz. beg sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 C. apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 12-oz. box frozen mini pierogi
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine, cut into pieces
In shallow 3-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, stir cabbage mix, sauerkraut, cider, caraway seeds and pepper. In microwave oven, cook coleslaw mixture, covered, on high for 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Arrange frozen pierogi over coleslaw mixture. Sprinkle pierogi with dill and top with butter. Return casserole to microwave and cook, covered, on high until pierogi are hot, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Toss before serving.
Each serving: About 260 calories, 7g protein, 37g carbohydrate, 13 total fat (6g sat.), 65mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium.