Pineapple Chicken Bake
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 boneless, skinless Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breasts (6-8 oz. each), trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 20-oz.can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1/3 C. sliced almonds
1. Adjust an oven rack to the upper position and heat the oven to 450 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish coated lightly with vegetable oil spray.
2. Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Whisk the pineapple juice, honey, vinegar soy sauce, curry powder, and Tabasco together in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer, whisking often, until the mixture has thickened, about 8 minutes.
3. Quickly dissolve the cornstarch in the water then whisk into the honey mixture. Stir in the pineapple chunks. Pour the pineapple sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the almonds. Bake until the chicken registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 15-18 minutes.
Note: There is enough sauce for up to 6 chicken breasts. Be sure to buy pineapple chunks packed in juice, not in syrup (with the syrup the dish would be too sweet).