Serving Size / Yield
- Fruit -
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 3/4 C. pineapple preserves
- 2 Tbs.s all-purpose flour
- Crumb Topping-
- 2/3 C. coconut flakes
- 1/2 C. quick (or old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C. butter (or margarine), melted
- 1/4 C. whole almonds, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For fruit, slice apples into thin rings, then cut rings into quarters. Combine pineapple preserves and flour in mixing bowl. Add apples, tossing to coat evenly. Pour into bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or similar shallow baking dish. For crumb topping, combine coconut, oats, brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Microwave butter on high for 1 minute and add to chopped almonds. Add butter and almonds to topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle topping evenly over apple mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Servings per serving: calories 210, fat 9g, sodium 80 mg.