Pineapple Ham Fried Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz Fully cooked smoked ham steak (cut 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 Small green bell pepper (stemed an seeded)
- 2 Green onions with tops
- 3 Tbs Vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 Tbs Sliced almonds
- 4 C Cooked long grain white rice (cooled)
- 1 Can (5 1/4 oz) Pineapple chunks, packed in juice
- 2 Tbs Dark raisins
- 2 to 3 Tbs Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Sesame oil
Cut ham into 2 inch strips. Cut pepper lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips. Coarsely chop onions.
Heat the wok over medium high heat 1 minute. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into the wok and heat 30 seconds. Add almonds and stir fry until golden brown. Remove to a plate; set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and stir fry pepper, ham, and onions 2 minutes. Add rice, pineapple with juice, and raisins. Stir fry rice mixture until heated through.
Sprinkle rice mixture with soy sauce to taste. Add sesame oil; stir fry until well mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl Sprinkle with almonds.