- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2-inch-thick boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- one 8-oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 C. chicken stock
- 1/4 C. fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbs. of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to chops, place them in the skillet, and sear for about 2 minutes on each side to caramelize. Transfer to a cookie sheet and place in the oven to finish (this should take about 10 minutes). Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let chops rest.
Return skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 Tbs. of olive oil. Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, jalapenos, salt, and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Add pineapple with its juice and chicken stock, then cook for 4 minutes. Add parsley, stir, and pour sauce over hot pork chops.