- 3 C. fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
- 3 scallions, white part and 3" of green, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 C. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 C. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
In a food processor combine the pineapple chunks, cucumber, scallions and jalapenos. Process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Do not refrigerate for more than 8 hours before eating.
Yield: 6 servings
Tips: Pineapples will not ripen after they are picked. Choose a heavy fruit with a lightly sweet scent. Avoid those with heavy scents, as they are overripe. Choose pineapples that have some yellow to the skin. To cut: cut off the top and level the bottom. With a sharp knife, cut away the skin and the eyes. Remove the hard core and cut pineapple into chunks.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: Calories: 80, Fat: 0 g, Calories from fat: 6%, Carbs: 20 g, Protein: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 6 mg, Fiber: 2 g