15 min preparation + 25 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3/4 C. flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C. whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz. cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz. pepperoni, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 C. pizza sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs and red pepper slices with the pizza sauce for dipping.
Photos courtesy of Rachel Ray.
Around The Web