Pleasing Moroccan Chicken Stew Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 2 med. red onions, sliced (about 2 C.)
- 1 lg. green pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces (about 1 1/2 C.)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/3 C. golden raisins
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 C. slivered almonds, toasted
Heat the oil in a 5-quart sauce pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the sauce pot. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions, pepper and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until they're tender-crisp. Add the cinnamon and curry and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the sauce pot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir the raisins and chickpeas in the sauce pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the almonds.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.