Poached Pears in Mulled Cranberry and Sun-Dried Cherry Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 fresh Bartlett pear per serving
- 2 Tbs. vanilla yogurt per serving
- 1/2 C. cranberry juice per every 2 pears
- 1/4 C. sun-dried cherries per every 2 pears
- Pinch mulling spices
- 1/2 C. sugar per every 2 pears
- 1/4 C. cinnamon per every 2 pears
- Fresh mint for garnish
Poach pealed pears in liquid ingredients until tender with stem intact (about 15 minutes). Cool and slice into a fan (do not cut all the way through the pear), spoon cranberry syrup on one side of plate, yogurt on the other. Garnish with mint leaves.
From: The Red Maple Inn, Spencer, MA
Need more help?
Chef Todd Mohr of WebCookingClasses.com shares his tips on poaching. Want to learn more? Click here for a 14 day free trial from WebCookingClasses.com!