15 min preparation + 25 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. flour
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 C. unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 1 lg. egg
- 2 T.bs milk
- 1 egg, to brush pastry
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Whisk the flour, sugar and salt, and combine those with the butter using a hand blender or a food processor.
- Mix the milk and eggs with the flour/butter mixture until combined. Then divide the dough in half.
- Roll the dough out to about the size of a 13×9 pan. Then make 9 3x4 in. rectangles.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Fill with your filling of choice. You can use fruit preserves, nutella, cinnamon and sugar, chocolate chips, etc.
- Leave a 1/2 inch space along each side to close it off.
- Press down the sides with a fork and poke with a few holes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Make the icing using the 1/2 C. powedered sugar, 1 Tbs. milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste while pastries are baking.
- Drizzle on icing after pastries have cooled.
Photo courtesy of A Golden Afternoon
Around The Web