Pork Chop and Pasta Dinner
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C Corkscrew macaroni (or elbow macaroni)
- 6 Pork rib chops (cut 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbs Cooking oil (or shortening)
- 2 C Frozen Italian Sauce (thawed)*
- 1/4 C Chopped onion
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese
Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain in a 1 quart strainer. Place macaroni in a 12 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, brown chops in hot cooking oil (or shortening) ; drain off excess fat. Season with a little salt and pepper. Arrange browned pork chops over macaroni in baking dish. Combine Italian Sauce* and chopped onion; pour over chops and macaroni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake in a 350 F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
*Italian Sauce recipe located in this program