Pork Roast with Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 2 1/2- to 3-lb. pork boneless sirloin roast
- 1 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 3/4 C. dry white wine or can substitute chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 C. half-and-half
- 2 to 3 Tbs. country-style Dijon mustard
Trim excess fat from pork. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Place pork in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except half-and-half and mustard; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from slow cooker; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from pork juices in cooker if desired. Stir half-and-half and mustard into juices. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve sauce with pork.
Yield: 8 servings.