Serving Size / Yield
- 1 ½ lb Pork Shoulder, cut in ½-inch strips
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tsp Ground Ancho Chilies
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3 tbs Vegetable Oil
- Corn Tortillas for Serving
- Jalapeno-Tomatillo Salsa for Serving
- Cilantro & Diced Onions for Serving
- Pico de Gallo for Serving
- Lime Wedges for Serving
Make a mixture of salt and pepper in a small dish. Stir to combine and rub generously onto the pork shoulder. In a separate, small bowl, combine the garlic, ground ancho chile, and cumin. Massage this rub into the pork shoulder and then cover and marinate for one hour at room temperature.
Once the meat has finished marinating, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot enough to fry, add the meat to the pan and let cook for about five to seven minutes or until browned. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Warm your tortillas (or fry them, whichever you prefer). Assemble the tacos by adding the meat first, followed by the recommended toppings.