Portobello Mushrooms and Grilled Shrimp on Focaccia with Goat Cheese Spread
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 C. (1 oz.) crumbled goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 (4-inch) portobello caps
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 (12-oz.) herbed focaccia loaf, split and toasted
- 2 C. fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine 1 Tbsp. oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and 2 garlic cloves, minced, in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
2. Meanwhile, mince remaining garlic clove. Stir together minced garlic, goat cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
3. Brush remaining Tbsp. oil on tops of Portobello caps; sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill caps, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender; cut into thin slices. Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Spread reserved goat cheese mixture on cut sides of focaccia. Top bottom half of focaccia with mushroom caps, shrimp, spinach, and bread top. Cut sandwich into 4 wedges. Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is from the cookbook Southern Living Off the Eaten Path.