Potbelly's Creamy Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 lbs. broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 bundle green onions, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced fine
- 2 C. chicken broth
- 3 C. milk
- 1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded and separated
- 1 C. (8 oz) American Cheese, sliced
- salt and pepper for taste
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, pour pour olive oil in and saute broccoli and carrots lightly browning them, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken broth and milk and bring to a boil over high heat, stir frequently. Once at a boil turn heat down to a low simmer, until carrots and broccoli are soft. Stir in American cheese and shredded cheese, until fully melted and well incorporated.
Serve with croutons and topped with more shredded cheese.