- 1 C. dark sweet cherries (frozen or fresh and pitted)
- 2 Tbs. basil, chopped
- 3 Tbs. green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- Salt, to taste (optional)
Chop the cherries into small pieces and combine them with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate the salsa for at least 1 hour. Use this like any other salsa: with crackers, in burritos, as a condiment with chicken or pork, or on a bowl of steaming brown rice.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Info: Per serving: 29 calories, 0 grams total fat (0 grams saturated fat), 7 grams carbohydrate, less than 1 gram protein, less than 1 gram dietary fiber, 7 mg. sodium.