Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 C. whipping cream
- 1 C. whole milk
- 1 C. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 Tbs. fresh sage
- 1/2 C. bread crumbs
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 C. walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta then return to pot.
- For cheese sauce melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add whipping cream and milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese, pumpkin, and sage until cheese is melted.
- Stir cheese sauce into pasta.
- Transfer macaroni to an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, walnuts, and oil. Sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake,uncovered for 30 minutes until top is bubbly and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Around The Web