Pumpkin Spice Roll (Roulade)
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 2/3 C. canned pumpkin
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Pumpkin Spice Flavor packet
- 1/2 C. confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of 16 ½ by 11 ½ x 1 inch sided baking sheet and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Lay out a clean dish towel and sprinkle the entire surface with a dusting of confectioners sugar.
3. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, buttermilk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix for 2 minutes.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake 12-15 minutes.
5. Immediately turn over pan onto dishtowel dusted with confectioner’s sugar. Peel the parchment paper from the cake.
6. While the cake is hot, use the towel to roll the cake into a cylinder, starting with the long side of the cake and rolling it away from you. Place it seam side down, wrapped in the towel on a cooling rack. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
7. Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Pumpkin Spice Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
8. Carefully unroll the cake just enough to frost the inside of it. Don’t worry if it cracks, you will be covering the outside with frosting. Reroll and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
9. Remove plastic wrap and smoothly frost the outside of the roll, covering any cracks that may have appeared. Take a fork and use the tines to score a pattern into the frosting.
10. Dust with remaining confectioner’s sugar and serve.