Queso-Blanco Soft Tacos
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 sm. head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C. loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 C. salsa
- 1 12-oz. pkg. queso blanco (Mexican frying cheese), cut into 12 slices
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
On platter, arrange green onions, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and cilantro. Pour salsa into serving bowl. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add cheese and heat, turning once, until dark brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Place 1 cheese slice in each tortilla and fold in half. Serve tortillas immediately, adding green onions, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, salsa and a squeeze of lime juice.
Each serving: About 545 calories, 26g protein, 49g carbohydrate, 29g total fat (13g sat.), 60mg cholesterol, 1,300mg sodium.