Quick and Easy Veggie Quiche
Serving Size / Yield
- 4-5 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp store bought minced garlic
- 5 C. mixed frozen vegetables, defrosted
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1/2 C. ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, marjoram, basil (of each)
- 1/2 C. grated parmasen cheese
Start by greasing a 8 in. pan and line bottom in bread slices. Heat oil in large saucepan, then sauté onions and garlic. Add rest of veggies, stir constantly while lightly turning for 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl. Add ricotta, salt and herbs and mix well, then spread veggies over bread slices. Pour egg mixture over veggies and sprinkle top of mixture with cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.