Quick Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 C.)
- 1 can (26 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/4 C. water
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 12 Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse Premium White Rolls with Sesame Seeds, split and toasted
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the soup, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef to the saucepot and and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Divide the beef and sauce among the rolls.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with carrots, celery and potato chips. For dessert serve a chocolate parfait: layer chocolate pudding with your favorite crumbled cookies and top with whipped topping.