Quick Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp Low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil, divided
- 1 lb Medium Shrimp, deveined, cleaned, tails removed
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice, well-chilled
- ¾ cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Green Onion, for garnish
Start by heating a nonstick skillet over medium/high heat and add in beaten eggs.
Scramble and set aside.
Whisk together soy sauce, sriracha sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and salt in a small bowl..
Heat 1 tbs of sesame oil over high heat in a wok.
Add shrimp to the wok and cook until no longer pink.
Remove and set aside.
Heat remaining tbs of oil in the same wok.
Add in shallots and cook for one minute.
Now add in red pepper and cook for another minute.
Stir in cold rice and continue cook, making sure to stir constantly for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned.
Add in soy sauce mixture and then add in shrimp.
Add in eggs and peas.
Cook for another few minutes until everything is heated.
Add in cashews and cilantro.
Serve with sliced green onion on top.