- 1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C. sliced red or any onion
- 3 lg. cloves garlic
- 4 julienned green bell peppers
- 2 1/2 C. diced eggplant
- 3 C. zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 2 C. quartered tomatoes
- 1 pkg. Swift's Premium Brown N' Serve Maple Flavor Sausages,
- browned and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 C. brown rice, cooked
Place 1/3 C. olive oil in a deep skillet or casserole. Saute red onions and garlic until golden. Remove onions, garlic and layer from casserole
Layer green peppers, diced eggplant, zucchini, quartered tomatoes and browned sausages, adding some of the onions and garlic, and salt and pepper to each layer. Sprinkle olive oil on final layer.
Simmer, covered over very low heat for 30 or so minutes until the flavors are mingled. If you want to reduce the liquid a bit, cook 10 minutes longer uncovered. Serve over cooked, hot rice. Or eat it cold from the fridge the next day without rice.