Ravioli Salad With Fresh Vegetables
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped rosemary (fresh) 1 tsp. if dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package ravioli, cooked according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small jar mushrooms and/or artichoke hearts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Sliced black olives to garnish
- Assorted fresh garden vegetables; spinach, lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes
1) Combine and mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, rosemary, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2) Prepare ravioli per instructions on package. Rinse ravioli under cold water to cool. Drain. Add the prepared ravioli, mushrooms and green onions to the dressing. Toss gently, making sure ravioli is covered. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
3) Arrange spinach and lettuce as the bed for the ravioli. Pour ravioli salad and dressing over the salad bed. Garnish with olives, cut tomatoes, broccoli florets, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
(photo cred: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/party-tortellini-salad)