Recipe For Taco Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 C. water
- 1/2 C. ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce – Medium
- 4 oz. ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 pkg. ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix – Regular or 40% Less Sodium
- one 4.5-oz. ORTEGA Taco Shells (12 ct), broken
- 2 C. shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 C. chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1/8 C. sliced green onions (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Layer half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.
This recipe was provided by Ortega.