Red Velvet Pancakes with Glaze
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C. butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 C. Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 C. milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. red paste food color*
- 2 eggs
1. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
2. In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
3. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
4. Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.