Reuben Dip (or Pizza!)
- 1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese softened (I use the 1/3 less fat version)
- 1/4 C. thousand island dressing
- 1 can corned beef, diced small (you can used left over fresh corned beef)
- 1 10 oz. can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 C. grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 large loaf round rye or pumpernickel bread
In a large bowl mix cream cheese and dressing until well blended. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and caraway seeds. You can add all of this to a crock pot and heat on low for 4 hours or for a faster version place in a microwave container and heat on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring half way until well warmed and melted. Then pour mixture into hollowed out bread round. Cut the remaining bread into cubes to use for dipping. Also great with Trisket Rye crackers or small party size rye breads.
Also try: We also spread the mixture on a large pre-made pizza crust and top with extra Swiss cheese, bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes for a great Reuben pizza! Enjoy!
Michele Larson, Pittsburgh, PA