- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 beef rib-eye steaks (about 1 lb. each), 1-inch thick
- 1 24-oz. jar Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 8-oz. pkg. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 C.)
- 1 sm. onion, chopped (about 1/4 C.)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 sm. tomato, chopped (about 1/2 C.)
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook about 10 minutes or until medium-rare, turning steaks halfway through cooking. Add Picante sauce and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes. Divide cheese between steaks. Cover and cook until cheese melts. Top with onion, pepper and tomato.