Rice Noodles with Herbs
- 3 sm. carrots, peeled and cut into 2" by 1/4" matchstick strips (1 1/3 C.)
- 1/3 C. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) 1/2-inch wide flat rice noodles
- 1/3 English (seedless) cucumber, unpeeled and cut into 2" by 1/4" matchstick strips (1 C.)
- 1 C. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 C. loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 C. loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 C. snipped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
In small bowl, stir carrots with rice vinegar. Let stand at room temperature while preparing noodles.
In 8-quart saucepot, heat 5 quarts water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drain noddles; rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Transfer noodles to large shallow serving bowl. Add carrots with their liquid, cucumber, cilantro, mint, basil, chives and sesame oil; toss well.
Each serving: About 470 calories, 7g protein, 105g carbohydrate, 3g total fat (0g sat.), 0mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium.