Rice Salad with Black Beans
- 3/4 C. regular long-grain rice
- 2 lg. limes
- 2 cans (15-19 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
- 1/2 C. salsa
- 1 C. corn kernels cut from cobs (2 med. ears)
- 1/4 C. packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
Prepare rice as label directs. Meanwhile, from limes, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
In large bowl, mix cooked rice, lime peel and juice, black beans, watercress, salsa, corn, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper; toss well. Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.
Each serving: About 405 calories, 24g protein, 81g carbohydrate, 6g total fat (1g sat.) 0mg cholesterol, 1,125mg sodium.