Rice-Stuffed Roasted Chicken
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 C. red and green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 C. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 T. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 C. rice, uncooked
- 3 C. chicken broth
In a medium saucepan, add garlic, onion, and peppers and saute for five minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, thyme, parsley, and rice. Stir fry for two minutes, then add the chicken broth, two teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Let it come to a boil, turn heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Season the chicken inside and out with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Fill the chicken with the cooked rice and bake for one hour in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven.