Rich Chocolate Brownie with Mint Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size / Yield
- Chocolate Brownie:
- 2 C. walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 C. pitted medjool dates
- 3 Tbs. Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao or baking cocoa
- Mint Chocolate Frosting:
- 1/4 C. extra virgin coconut oil, melted until in liquid state (I used the dehydrator for about 20 minutes while I made the brownie and did other stuff)
- 1/4 C. raw agave or natural sweetener of your choice (date paste, honey, or coconut nectar)
- 1/4 C. Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic peppermint flavor
1. Add walnuts and sea salt to food processor fitted with the s-blade. Process until a little bit larger than granule size. Add dates and cacao and process until incorporated.
2. You can tell it is the right consistency if you grab a bit and pinch it between your fingers, it will stick together nicely.
3. Empty into a container of your choosing - I used an 8" 'quiche' pan - and press evenly into the pan to create a flat surface for your brownies. Ready for the frosting?
For Mint Chocolate Frosting:
1. Add ingredients to a small personal blender cup and blend until shiny frosting appears. Less than a minute.
2. I'm sure you could use a food processor and maybe even whisk it but I have not tested those waters. If you do whisk it, make sure the cacao powder is well blended.
3. Using an offset spatula spread frosting across the top of your brownies.
Submitted by: Michelle Felt